What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet Rich Plasma, commonly known as the "Vampire Facelift" or "Vampire Facial", is a revolutionary procedure that involves withdrawing the magic component of the patient's blood, processing it to isolate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP), then re-injecting it to erase wrinkles and create a more youthful look. It's an essentially painless and quick, no-downtime, facelift procedure.
IS Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) RIGHT FOR ME?
PRP is a procedure developed for people who want healthy, youthful, and rejuvenated skin, but done quickly and without surgery. This procedure is able to do this by harnessing your own body’s healing and regenerative properties. The Vampire Facelift is an in-office procedure, and results can be experienced on the same day, with continual benefit of skin regeneration lasting for months—even over a year—after the procedure.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment Areas
PRP or the Vampire Facial can help smooth and transform the following areas of concern:
- Lines at corners of the mouth
- “Bunny lines” or “bunny nose” — dynamic wrinkles on the nose
- Crow’s feet (lines in corners of the eyes)
- Forehead wrinkles
- Frown lines
- Smile lines
- Plumping of the cheeks
How PRP helps you look younger
Your face ages in 2 main ways:
- There is loss of volume from bone, muscle, fat, and skin. This can make the under eye area and cheeks look flat and hollow. The skin can look dull or gray instead of being rosy as it was when younger.
- The loss of support of the skin results in drooping upper eyelids, lower eyelids, cheeks , jowls and sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”).
Platelet-rich fibrin matrix contains at least eight of the body’s own concentrated growth factors to rejuvenate the face in several ways:
- Increases the formation of new blood vessels (also called “neovascularization”) and increases the blood flow to the skin, resulting in healthier, better quality skin.
- Increases new cell formation for skin renewal.
- Spurs the production of new collagen, the major component of facial skin that diminishes in facial aging.
- Activates the multi-potent stem cells already in the skin by tricking it into thinking there is an injury, resulting in the use of a combination of growth factors and stem cells to generate new fatty tissue. The new fatty tissue repairs skin that was never injured in the first place, resulting in the generation of new, younger-skin.
You can learn more about PRP here.